Heart Pattern Door Mat - Biodegradable
Especially designed to ensure it lasts. Our designers deliberately kept the printed part of the design to the edges of the mat away from where feet are wiped to help slow down the wear and ensure you'll be able to keep this mat for a long time. The fun little repeating heart design would look good in most homes. It’s an environmentally friendly doormat too, as it is plastic free and biodegradable.
Best used indoors or in a sheltered outdoor location such as a covered porch.
Share this product:
- BIODEGRADABLE DOORMAT Most decorative and printed door mats are printed on thin 15mm matting with a PVC or plastic backing. Long-term this means that they can be hard to recycle. We love 100% coir mats and set ourselves the challenge of making printed designs on woven backed mats that are totally plastic free. Our Eco Friendly Biodegradable Door Mat is very environmentally friendly; you can even compost it at the end of its life. The body of the mat is made from coconut fibre, known as coir, and the edges are sealed with natural latex to prevent them from fraying. This latex edging gives a very smart finish too. The inks used for printing are water based for the lowest environmental impact.
- LARGER + THICKER These doormats are 75 x 45cm, quite a bit bigger than many PVC backed options you'll find at the same price. At 20mm thick they are also 5mm thicker too, which gives them a very sturdy feel underfoot. The woven pile is tightly packed to give an excellent scraping action.
- EXCLUSIVE DESIGNS Many printed doormat designs are very widely available and often poor quality. As doormat specialists, through our sister company Make An Entrance, we can source the very best coir mats and produce designs that are exclusive to us.
- NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL Our Biodegradable Doormat is a totally natural product made from coconuts. Because of this, every one is unique and it is impossible to guarantee 100% uniformity. The colour of the coir may vary with the coconut harvest (the background is undyed). Occasionally you may find a hard piece of coconut in the pile (this is the pith). We do try to remove them but sometimes miss one, (you can simply snip it off with a sharp pair of nail scissors, but please don't pull or you will leave a hole in the mat). All coconut mats will shed a little at first too, it will settle in a few days of use. This is totally normal and not a fault. Simply brush gently to remove, or vacuum on a low setting with the upholstery attachment. If you beat the mat too hard you will cause the design to fade. You are choosing an eco friendly doormat that is great for the environment, these variations are part of its natural beauty.
- OUR PROMISE TO YOU We are very proud of our products and want you to be 100% satisfied. If you are unhappy for any reason, please get in touch and we'll be happy to put things right.
Size: 75cm x 45cm
Colour: Natural Coir
Area of use: Indoor, Outdoor (Sheltered / Covered Porch)
Underfloor Heating Compatible: Yes
Suitable for Mat Well?: No
Trim to Fit?: No
Irregular Shape Possible?: No
Made from: Coir
Backing: Woven Coir
Edging: Latex Modern Edge
Lead time: 1-2 Working Days